Monday, September 14, 2015

Sept. 14th, Transferred, Opening Area, Finishing Training


So I got a crazy transfer. I'm in a city called Riber alta. THIS PLACE IS CRAZY. I love it a ton though. I've really enjoyed this place since Friday. It was really hard saying goodbye to my last area. My zone leaders told me I was going to get transferred on Tuesday and that my flight was going to leave Thursday morning. I had an entire day to say good bye to all of the people there. It was really sad and I'm going to miss them a lot. My flight took about 2 hours to go from the city to Riber Alta. Its really far from the city. This place is like a different world. There is soooo much red dirt every where. Every day when I get to the house my shoes are covered in red dirt and also my shirt is just filthy. All the elders placks out here are red from all the dirt. That's probably what going to happen to my plack. Ill send a picture of it when it gets to that point. My comp is elder Huallpa. Hes from Peru. I'm finishing the training of him. Hes already been out 1 transfer but training last for 2 so I'm doing the last transfer for him. I'm also opening an area out here. There is pretty much nothing in our area book. There is only 1 investigator and about 6 less actives in the book. There really only is one less active but another elder showed us a lot of other less actives that weren't in the area book. So far we know about 20. All we do is pretty much visit less actives but I'm going to start looking for some investigators. Oh its also SUPER HOT out here. I do not stop sweating. I also could only bring one suitcase so I had to leave some of my stuff in the city in the assistant's house. I'm pretty sure that suitcase is going to get destroyed with mold when I get back to the city. There is so much mold in Bolivia. I brought all of my crappy stuff out here to get destroyed.
So far we have been teaching a lot of less actives. That's pretty much the work out here. A lot of the people say that they will go to church and they are going no matter what but then don't come. We try and pass by all of them but they just don't go. We found one less active called Richard Heredia. He is a really good guy. We are going to get him to go out on the mission. Hes 22 and we had a really good lesson with him. We had a member come with us for that lesson and at the end of the lesson he asked if he could come with us to the lessons. He already wants to help visit other people.
We also found the Pinto family. We have already visited with them 2 times in the 3 days that I've worked here. They're very worried about their kids. They have started to have a lot of problems with the word of wisdom. We are going to visit with their kids on Saturday to help them out.
I really love it out here in Riber Alta. There's so much work to do out here and so many people to help. Its great being out here. I've only been here for a little time so we haven't done too much but we have already gotten the confidence of a lot of people. Its going to be a good transfer out here.

Elder Britt





 

No comments:

Post a Comment