Monday, March 9, 2015

Mar 9th, No Subject

This week was really good!

We have seen a lot of progress in El Torno in just 3 weeks. Now that there are 4 Elder in el torno. Yesterday 75 members went to church. Before it was only about 30 or 40. Hopefully we can keep this area progressing.

We had a lot of family home evening with members this week. We are trying really hard to get permission from the father of one of our investigators. What we are trying to do is help her share stuff, such as scriptures or her desires to be baptized, wiht her father and hopefully with that he will let her get baptized. He doesnt really want to talk to us. He told her that he doesnt want her to get baptized because he hasnt seen a big change in her and because of that he doesnt want her to get baptized.

We also have another really good investigator that we started teaching last week. She lives really far from the chapel so we ride a moto taxi to her house and then let her use the same moto taxi to go to the church. She told us that she really likes the church and likes listening to use. We invited her to be baptized and she told us that she would think about it. We visited her Friday night and asked her to pray about it. She said she would and we are going to see how her prayer went tonight.

Also yesterday we were meeting with 2 kids trying to teach them about faith. My comp tried to use an example about how when you go to the fridge, you hope that youre going to find food and how its the same with faith, or something like that, I dont really understand what he was trying to say. But then I asked one of the kids, what is faith. He told us, well, faith is when Im hungry and go to the fridge to get food and if there is no food, my mom will make me something. It was really funny. We died laughing in the lesson. 

Thats about all that happened this week.

Love you all,
Elder Britt

Also this week I went to the hospital because I had a weird rash thing on my arm. When the doctor looked at it he told other doctors to come and look at it. I could hear them saying, oh I havent seen that in a long time, thats really weird. They told me that I had worms growing in my arm. The good thing is I only have to use a cream and they will go away. So thats exciting!




No comments:

Post a Comment