Monday, September 29, 2014

Sept 29th. Hospital Again



This week was I had to go to the hospital again, but not because I was sick. Wednesday, I was on an intercambio with Elder Tudela. We were walking to go meet with a less active member. While we were walking, there was this car parked on the sidewalk. So I had to walk really close to this gate while I was trying to get around the car. While I was doing that a dog bit me through the fence. Luckily it was a pretty small bite. We talked to the owners to see if the dogs were vaccinated. He said that only 1 of his 3 dogs were, so just to be safe, Im getting the rabies vaccine. The vaccine isn´t here in montero so we had to go to Santa Cruz the next day. They told me that I had to get 4 more shots throughout the next month. I hate going to Santa Cruz because it pretty much just takes up all your time for that day and you get no work done. The first month of the field has been rough, getting salmonella, then losing my wallet, then getting bit by a dog. But I still love it out here.

This week was also really good though, I had my first baptism. My comp and I went to the church really early in the morning to fill up the baptismal font and when we got their it was super dirty and full of water. When we opened the drain, it didn't work. So we spent the next 3 hours draining it with buckets and mops and cleaning it. Then when we turned on the water to fill it up, we realized why it was so dirty, because the water filling it up was super dirty. All of our hard work went to waste. But everything else went really well. A good amount of people showed up for Henry Prado baptism.

Right now we have 3 investigator who are really interested. We should be meeting more with them this week, Ill let you know how they go. 

I saw my first monkey yesterday when I went to Santa Cruz for my vaccine. I didn't get that good of a picture, when I tried to take another it was gone. But it jumped down from a tree and stole somebodies banana and jumped back into the tree, it was really funny.

The picture of the dirt road is how about 75% of our area is. Just dirt roads with little houses on the side of the road.







No comments:

Post a Comment